Monday, September 6, 2010

3 Mediums

The Xbox 360 is one of the more important mediums in my life. I use it quite often for entertainment, and it is an interactive medium as it portrays actions on the screen that I choose. I use it mostly for video games, but can also be used to be online, talk to friends, and even watch movies on NetFlix. 

This medium allows me to play my ipod in my car and even charge it at the same time. Before discovering this I would use the  regular cassette player adapters that would constantly break and need to be replaced, but I have had one of these for over a year now. They plug into your car outlet and you tune it to whichever radio station you want, plug in your Ipod, and you're good to go.

 

This picture is an example of the new medium called "Oovoo". It is a program used to video chat with up to six people at one time. I used this a lot last year when college first started and me and my friends with all be able to talk to each other face to face at the same time, another example of interactivity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment